Monday, February 20, 2012

Tuna Casserole

I love this casserole! The original recipe comes from one of my best friends. She and I lived together for a couple of years after college, and I was ALWAYS excited when she made it. It has become one of my comfort food meals!

Ingredients:
1/2 bag of yolk-free egg noodles
2 cans albacore tuna
1 can cream of celery
1 cup mayonnaise
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
1 or 2 celery stalks, diced
2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Cook noodles as directed on packaging
2. Drain tuna very well, break it up with a fork and place in mixing bowl
3. Add soup, mayo, garlic, onions, celery, s&p and 1 cup of cheese to bowl, stir together
4. When noodles are ready, add them to the bowl, stir until it is mixed well
5. Pour mixture into glass baking dish treated with nonstick spray, put more cheese on top - amount is up to you - and sprinkle it with parsley
6. Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes; Until cheese is melted on top and beginning to brown

I normally serve this dish with steamed broccoli or a salad, and sometimes, like this past Saturday, I just want the casserole by itself! Sooooo tasty.



Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment