Monday, February 13, 2012

Chicken Broccoli Penne Pasta

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE broccoli pasta dishes! The funny thing is, I didn't even know I liked broccoli until I was around 23 or 24 years old. My mom doesn't like it, so I never had it growing up. But, now, I eat broccoli at least twice a week and sometimes three times a week. I think my mom is proud of me - especially since she didn't think she'd ever see the day I would eat a vegetable!

Ingredients:

Directions:

  1. Cube and brown the chicken with salt and black pepper in a large/deep skillet; Once the chicken gets some color, add the garlic and about a 1/4 cup of chicken broth; Let it simmer
  2. Bring a pot of water to boil, add salt, add pasta (enough for two servings); Cook til al dente
  3. Steam or simmer your broccoli for about 5 minutes; it should be just beginning to soften in the stalk
  4. After chicken has simmered and the liquid has reduced some, add alfredo sauce (enough for two servings - which is more than the bottle says - we use about half the bottle when we have other ingredients in the dish besides pasta); Add broccoli and let simmer
  5. Add pasta to the sauce and stir; pasta should be coated well and all the ingredients "mixed" well
  6. Serve and EAT!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment