Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Parmesan Panko Chicken Breasts

Parmesan Panko Chicken is one of my FAVORITE ways to cook chicken! I love the crunchy Panko bread crumbs. I think it's the perfect breading for chicken's texture.

Here's what I do...

  1. Put about a cup of breadcrumbs on a plate, sprinkle in garlic powder, Tony Chachere's More Spice Seasoning, parsley and grated parmesan. (A couple or three dashes of everything, except add a few more dashes of parmesan. AND...more Chachere's if you want to spice it up.)
  2. Coat the chicken breasts with all-purpose flour, dip in egg (that you've scrambed up in a bowl) and then, coat really well with the Panko mixture on both sides.
  3. Place breasts in a glass baking dish that has been lightly coated with non-stick spray.
  4. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes - depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
Our chicken breasts always come from The Choppin' Block. They are trimmed beautifully and are the perfect size! I don't like the GIGANTIC chicken breasts you find nowadays. I find them difficult to cook properly, and they're more than people really need for a serving, anyway. Not to mention that they must be injected with hormones, etc. to get that size! The Choppin' Block's chicken is all natural, steroid free, and solution free.

Here's a close up, so you can get a better idea of the size of the chicken breasts:

Our sides were garlic sauteed broccoli and brown sugar pears.

Garlic Sauteed Broccoli:
  1. 1.5 teaspoons olive oil warmed over medium heat in a skillet
  2. Minced 2 cloves of garlic and put it in the skillet with the fresh broccoli florets (2 servings)
  3. Sauteed for about 5 minutes, keep turning and stirring broccoli to cook/brown evenly

Brown Sugar Pears:

  1. Open 1 can of pear halves and place pears in glass baking dish
  2. Put a "sliver"/almost paper thin slice of butter in center of each pear
  3. Sprinkle light brown sugar over each pear
  4. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes
Normally, I add cinnamon to these pears, too, but I didn't have any on hand.

I was so proud of my presentation that I didn't realize I should've used a more brightly colored plate for the picture. Oh, well, I'm learning, and, anyway, the food tasted delish - that's what matters, right? :)

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment