Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Homemade Mexican Fix

As I have already covered in a previous blog entry, we LOVE MEXICAN FOOD! Or, well, really, I guess it's the cheesy-ness of mexican food that we love. So, last night, I made Cheesy Chicken Quesedillas with creamed spinach as our veggie. I wanted to add fresh spinach to the quesedilla, but we were out of it.

For the chicken:

  • Pull the meat from the legs and thighs of a rotisserie chicken (We had already used the breast meat) and put in a skillet
  • Empty half a packet of taco seasoning, a few dashes of garlic powder and minced onions into the skillet with a little less than 1/2 cup of chicken broth and simmer for 5-7 minutes - until the seasoning and broth have combined and become thick to coat the chicken

For the quesedilla:

  • Butter one side of a burrito-size tortilla and put it butter-side down in a skillet treated with non-stick spray
  • Sprinkle shredded monterey jack cheese over the entire tortilla - use as much as you like; I used about a 1/4 cup
  • Put half of the chicken meat evenly on to one half of the tortilla (the rest will be used for the 2nd quesedilla); fold the cheese-only side of the tortilla over the chicken and cheese side with a spatula
  • Flip the quesedilla over; continue to flip until both sides are as brown and crisp as you like

I steamed the Birds Eye Creamed Spinach in the microwave as directed and added salt. I also added shredded monterey jack to Ryan's serving of spinach.

I put Mexican Lime & Cilantro Ro Tel on top of my quesedilla...it added a good KICK of heat, though, so use sparingly, if you don't like the hot.

This was a very tasty supper that was probably one of the easiest meals I have made in a while...try it! And let me know what you change or add to the meal. Happy Eating!!! :) (oh, and happy cooking!)

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment