Friday, July 13, 2012

Sweet Garlicky Chicken Breasts & Spicy Parmesan Crusted Zucchini

I found this chicken recipe on Pinterest, but I changed a few things. So, this is my version of it. :-)

INGREDIENTS:

4 small or 2 large chicken breasts
1/2 tsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
4 Tbsp brown sugar
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 Large zucchini or 2 Med/small
2 Egg whites
Panko bread crumbs
Grated Parmesan cheese
Tony Chachere's More Spice Seasoning

DIRECTIONS:

1. Warm oil in small skillet over med-low heat and preheat oven to 350

2. Add garlic to skillet once oil is hot and saute until garlic begins browning and then remove from heat

3. While garlic is being sauteed, peel zucchini and cut into spears about 1.5-2 inches long

4. Liberally sprinkle Panko on a plate and add parmesan (lightly) and Chachere's (a few dashes - depending how spicy you like it); stir with your hands to combine ingredients more evenly

5. Dip spear in egg white, coat it in the Panko mixture and place in a glass baking dish covered with foil

6. Continue the previous step until you go through all the zucchini

7. Combine sauteed garlic with brown sugar

8. Place chicken in a glass baking dish covered with foil that is treated with nonstick spray

9. Spoon brown sugar-garlic mixture onto each chicken breast and spread evenly over each one; Salt and pepper to your taste

10. Put both dishes in the oven and bake for 30 minutes; after 30 minutes, you can turn on the broiler if the sugar needs to melt more or if the zucchini sticks aren't browned enough

I really liked the taste of the garlic and brown sugar together! I think I'd like to add Chachere's to this the next time I make it. I think the sweet with spicy would be awesome. (But, I'd definitely have to serve it with a non-spicy side!)

We loved this zucchini! I think I'll try it with other spices/seasoning, too. Maybe even dry ranch mix...?
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment