Thursday, December 13, 2012

Baked Chicken with Sauteed Mushrooms and Roasted Potatoes

I could eat mushrooms in every meal - raw, grilled, sauteed, roasted, sauced, etc. I LOVE them, and this particular way of cooking them is probably my favorite! Normally, I cook them this way with steaks, but they complimented baked chicken breasts very deliciously, too.

DIRECTIONS FOR THE CHICKEN
Put the following into a bowl and whisk together:
1. About 1/3 C Olive Oil
2. About 5-6 dashes of Worchestershire Sauce
3. Steak seasoning (any kind - I used Penzey's Chicago Steak Seasoning...DELICIOUS; I'm not sure about the amount...maybe, a tsp)

Put 4 small, boneless, skinless chicken breasts - or 2 large - in the bowl and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. After 30 minutes, bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes - depends on the thickness of your chicken.

DIRECTIONS FOR MUSHROOMS
1. Slice baby bella mushrooms (entire regular size pack)
2. Put mushrooms in a large skillet with about a Tbsp of olive oil
3. Stir to coat mushrooms and saute over medium heat
4. Lightly sprinkle mushrooms with Tony Chachere More Spice Seasoning
5. Add zesty italian dressing (about 1/8 C)
6. Add several dashes of worchestershire sauce to evenly cover the mushrooms
7. Bring to a slight boil and turn down heat to simmer; stirring occasionally

Let it simmer the whole time the chicken is cooking. The liquid should cook down to nothing or almost nothing. If it doesn't (b/c too much was used), you can strain the mushrooms to get the liquid away when you're ready to serve, or you can add a thickening agent - cornstarch, arrowroot, flour - to turn the liquid to a sauce.

When the chicken is ready, place it on the plate and cover with the mushrooms.

POTATOES
Clean and cube one white potato. Toss in olive oil to lightly coat and then add black pepper, a liberal amount of salt, garlic powder and a sprinkling of rosemary. I would normally bake them at 425, but since I was cooking the chicken at 350, I roasted these at 350, too. I put them in before the chicken and total time was about 40 minutes for them. I turned them over about half way through the cook time.

I had a sweet potato instead of white. I still cubed it and tossed in olive oil. Then, I sprinkled them lightly with white pepper, salt, ginger, cinnamon and rosemary. They were cooked the same way as the white potatoes.

I LOVE this meal! The marinade on the chicken is delicious, as well as the mushrooms. The roasted white and sweet potatoes were both great! Oh, and I added a light "dusting" of grated parmesan cheese to the white ones when I turned them halfway through. YUMMMMMMMMMM.........

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment