Monday, November 26, 2012

Oven "Fried" Chicken Just Like Mom Used to Make!

I've been craving fried chicken, so I decided to do my mom's version that we used to eat all the time when I was a kid. It turned out just as delicious as I remembered!

INGREDIENTS:
Chicken pieces (bone-in and skin on)
You can use any pieces you like. I had two breasts, two thighs and two legs.
1 stick of butter
Seasoned Salt (Lawry's, Ms. Dash, whatever you like)
Sage
Garlic powder
Black Pepper
All-purpose flour put into a quart sized Ziploc bag

DIRECTIONS:
1. Turn oven on to 400
2. Put a stick of butter into a glass baking dish and place in the oven to melt
3. Make sure your chicken is completely dry and liberally season the "meaty" side with seasoned salt, sage, garlic powder and black pepper
4. Place chicken - one piece at a time - into the bag of flour, seal bag and shake it around to coat chicken
5. When butter has melted and starts bubbling, place chicken in baking dish with the seasoned side down
6. Check in 20 minutes - flip if browned; if not browned well, check in another 10 minutes
7. When browned, flip chicken and cook for another 15 minutes
8. Check with a fork to be sure the juice that runs out is clear (that means it is done) ;)

It should look like this:

You can serve with any side dish(es). I braised fresh broccoli and mashed potatoes. It was an awesome Sunday supper and took me back to childhood - except for the broccoli. :)

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.8

No comments:

Post a Comment